Expand the list below to view our services:
Comprehensive All-Hazards Emergency Management Plans
What Do You Get with an Emergency Management Assessment and Plan?
First and foremost, you get peace of mind because you know you took a leadership position to keep your business, institutions, employees, and students safe. We all hope we will never need to use the training we get for emergency preparedness; however, the reality is that if and when an emergency arises, there is a better chance for successful response and preservation of life when we take necessary actions before, during, and after an emergency. When you trust True Vigilance with your Emergency Management Plan, Threat Assessment, and Consultation our experts will visit you at your location to evaluate your current equipment and security measures. During that initial visit, we talk with your key stakeholders to get an in-depth understanding of what’s already in place. Then we’ll evaluate those current plans and procedures, your facility, and the abilities of your staff so we can find the gaps and give cost-saving and lifesaving recommendations.
You will receive a comprehensive report on the findings along with appropriate suggestions for becoming better prepared. True Vigilance can create a plan that addresses lockdown, shelter-in-place, and evacuations for all types of emergencies can help develop and train a crisis response team made of your staff (actual first responders), and can help your organization plan and conduct large-scale exercises, tabletop exercises, and drills to test and improve upon the document.
Active Shooter / Armed Assailant Training
What Is An Active Shooter?
Active Shooter Training is Crucial
- Do your employees, staff, faculty, and students know how to recognize violence indicators?
- Have you taught them how to quickly evacuate the situation?
- Do they know how to respond to an active shooter?
- Do they know their options to run, hide or fight?
- Do they know what safety measures to take?
- Do they know how to respond when law enforcement arrives on the scene?
True Vigilance can develop an entire security program by conducting a thorough risk/threat/vulnerability assessment. We use a 76-point checklist as a risk assessment tool and will research risks to create the comprehensive program by reviewing the following:
- Floor Plans
- Access Controls (cards and turnstiles) and Visitor Management
- CCTV, Control Center, Parking Security, and Call Stations (neighborhood assessment and crime stats)
- Interior doors
- Tactical positioning of security officers and mobility
- Documentation (EMP, Threat Assess, Policies and Procedures, Incident Reports)
- Training for staff and security officers (Active Shooter Response Options)
- Equipment (material and vendors)
- Oversee the protection of company employees, guests, and physical and intellectual assets
- Program strategy and structure to reduce security risks, handle situations, and respond to issues
- Limit the company’s exposure to liability
- Staffing and budgeting (employ security officers or outsource through contract)
- Contract officers can be called in based on needs
- Policies and procedures
- Physical security work with IT Security
- Liaison with first responders
- Executive protection
- Investigative case management
- Emergency Management Plan (EMP)
- Health/Safety/Fire Protection
- Benchmark against other security programs and measure effectiveness
Large-Scale, Functional and Tabletop Exercises
Isn’t Safety Someone Else’s Job?
Emergency responders train for hundreds of hours to help in an active shooter incident, but the incident could be over before they arrive so on-site employees are actually first responders. Awareness, response training, and planning are needed and True Vigilance can help by preparing entire emergency management plans, completing threat assessments on site, conducting run, hide, fight active shooter response drills, and other training to ensure your employees, staff, faculty, and students are given the best chance to survive one of these potentially deadly encounters.
Training combined with decisive action can mean the difference between living and dying.
These incidents can happen at work, school, the mall or any place at any time without warning. It is not a matter of if it will happen, but when and where it will happen. Will you be prepared to act? Employers and business owners need to have a plan in place and train staff on several key points of an active shooter.
Active shooters and mass shootings are a heartbreaking recent trend in the United States. The U.S. contains only 5% of the world’s population, but 31% of the world’s public shootings. Active shooter incidents in the United States continue to rise in frequency, with new FBI statistics showing the highest average of incidents ever in a two-year period. According to the FBI, 2014 and 2015, each saw 20 active shooter incidents. That’s more than any two-year average in the past 16 years, and nearly six times as many as the period between 2000 and 2001, the starting point for the FBI’s review.
Get Started Today!
With over 40 years of emergency management, safety and security management, law enforcement, and Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) experience, we can help you protect the lives of your employees, staff, faculty, and students.
True Vigilance can provide physical security onsite consultation and training for your school, home, or business through our real-life experience. We offer custom, site-specific plans, assessments, and training to meet each client’s individual needs.