Experience is what matters when your safety matters.
Paul Damico, CEM is the lead consultant and CEO of True Vigilance, Inc.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) through the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM)
- Extensive law enforcement supervision, security management, and emergency management experience
- Chief Officer of Safety and Security in large K-12 School District and Executive Director of Security in a post-secondary school/college
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Vocational Arts/Occupational Studies with an emphasis on Emergency Management from California State University, Long Beach
- Prior experience working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF), Sergeant in a large Sheriff’s Department, Incident Command, Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT), Mobile Field Force, and Emergency Response Team at terrorism investigations, major incidents, and high-profile events
- Conducted threat assessments at Southern California theme parks, professional sporting events, colleges and universities, airports, and the Academy Awards
- Strong leader in tactical planning and coordination between multiple agencies, organizing and implementing Emergency Response Plans, managing crisis, identifying threats, employee accountability and securing facilities
- Developed K-12 and College Emergency Management Plans and has conducted numerous large-scale and tabletop exercises to test the plan
- Sought-after expert for Active Shooter/Armed Assailant training and drills and has presented on school safety all over the Country
Nick Lucas, Consultant
- Navy Veteran and Director of Safety and Security for a school district
- Operations Division Captain for a Police Department and college instructor for Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- B.S. in Criminal Justice and Master of Public Administration from East Carolina University
- Prior experience working as Civil Disturbance Team Commander, Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Special Operations Division Commander, Gang Unit Sergeant, Patrol Lieutenant, K-9 handler, Emergency Response Team Operator, and the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF)
- Training and experience with dignitary protection and board member for Religious Charitable Services (RCS) and for the North Carolina Emergency Management Domestic Preparedness Group, Region #2
Matt Rodriguez, Consultant
- Assistant Chief of a Police Department and Retired Captain from a large California Sheriff’s Department
- B.S. from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in Political Science with an emphasis in Public Law, master’s degree from California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) in Public Policy & Administration, Phi and Phi Alpha Honors Societies, and a master’s degree from University of Southern California (USC) in Executive Leadership, School of Public Policy and Development, Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society.
- Prior experience as a Patrol and Operations Sergeant, Watch Commander and Lieutenant, and Captain, Deputy Director Transit System Security and Public Safety Manager for large Metropolitan Transit Systems handling a Security Operations Center, Critical Infrastructure Protections, Response to Critical Incidents, and Emergency Preparedness, and Interim City Administrator for a City in Los Angeles County
Mike Colver, Threat Assessment Specialist
Mike Colver, MA, CPP, Consultant
- Board Certified Protect Professional (CPP) by ASIS International and member of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP) and International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM)
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security from American Military University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from California State University, Long Beach
- Prior experience as a Bureau Commander/Lieutenant in the Court Operations Division for a large Sheriff’s Department, Investigations and Special Investigations Divisions (five multi-agency task forces), SWAT team leader, Program Manager for a Terrorism Liaison Officer (TLO) Program and was awarded the first TLO of the Year Award by the FBI’s Joint Regional Intelligence Center (JRIC), Vice President of Operations for a security/threat assessment corporation, Lieutenant and interim Chief for a large Community College District and Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management at another College
- Trained in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
Rob Toyer, Lead Instructor
Rob Toyer, Consultant, Lead Trainer
- Interim Chief of Police and Sergeant at a large school district in California, Sergeant with a large California Sheriff’s Department, Custody Operations, Patrol Operations, SWAT, Transportation Bureau, Motor Operations, and the Training Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice Management.
- California Peace Officer’s Standards and Training (POST) Master Instructor, Arrest and Control Techniques (ACT) Instructor, Use of Force Instructor, and a certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) instructor (program that teaches women realistic self-defense tactics and techniques) and a master course developer and designer
Scott Hudson, CEM, Emergency Management Consultant
Scott Hudson, CEM, Emergency Management Consultant
- Over 30 years of combined local and state government and private sector experience in public safety with the last nineteen years dedicated to the emergency management profession.
- A champion for emergency and disaster preparedness, hazard mitigation, and community resilience.
- Director of Emergency Management in the third largest K-12 Public School District in Texas.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) through the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM).
- Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP) from FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute (EMI).
- Level I Professional Continuity Practitioner from FEMA’s EMI.
- Graduate of the National Emergency Management Advanced and Basic Academies.
- Bachelor’s degree from American Public University in Emergency and Disaster Management.
- Experienced in threat assessments, hazard mitigation, and incident command.
- Developed and maintained local, state, and K-12 Emergency Operation Plans (EOPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), & Policies and Procedures.
- Assisted in the design, development, conduct, facilitation, evaluation, and simulation of over 58 HSEEP seminars, workshops, drills, tabletop exercises, functional exercises, and full-scale exercises at the local, state and federal government levels.
- Lead Instructor for the Texas Division of Emergency Management
Get Started Today!
With over 37 years of emergency management, safety and security management, law enforcement, and Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) experience, we can help you protect the lives of your employees, staff, faculty, and students.
True Vigilance can provide physical security onsite consultation and training for your school, home, or business through our real-life experience. We offer custom, site-specific plans, assessments, and training to meet each client’s individual needs.